We look forward to welcoming you to campus for Fall Parents Weekend, October 13-14, 2017
Join fellow Peddie parents for a golf outing and dinner at the Peddie Golf Course, be a student for day, get to know your child's advisor, watch a game, and more. Parents Weekend is chock-full of events and activities - so mark your calendars and don't miss it!
Fall Long Weekend begins after last commitments on Saturday, October 13.
- Boarders must sign out and have leave requests approved through REACH.
- Dorms close and all students leave campus by 7:00 p.m.
- Dorms reopen on Tuesday, October 17 at 7:00 a.m.; boarders must return to campus by 8:00 p.m.
- Classes resume on Wednesday, October 18.
The School Store will be open on Friday and Saturday of Parents Weekend.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- 9:30 a.m.: PPA 20th Annual Golf Tournament
- 11:00 a.m.: Armellino Quadrangle Dedication
- 5:30-7:00 p.m.: Dinner in Caspersen Campus Center Dining Hall
- 6:30-7:30 p.m.: Class of 2019 and 2020 Parents College Forum
- 8:00-9:00 p.m.: EXP Research Science Poster Presentations
- 9:30 a.m. – Registration, 10:30 a.m. – Shot Gun Start
- Join fellow Peddie parents, alumni, family and friends on the Friday afternoon of Parents' Weekend for the annual golf outing social. Golfers of all abilities are welcome to this scramble-format day of play. Light breakfast and lunch provided; dinner and cash bar at the club house. Single golfers through foursomes welcome to golf, non-golfers welcome to attend the dinner. Request foursomes or send questions to Rick Beggs.
Members of the senior class who participated in the 2017 Research Science Signature Experience (EXP) will present their work in a public poster session located in Annenberg Science Center. Participants worked in university labs throughout the world studying a variety of scientific fields including Medicine, Materials Science, Chemistry and Computer Science. All Peddie parents and students are invited to attend and hear about the exciting research conducted by their fellow Falcons!
- 7:30-8:00 a.m.: Coffee in Annenberg Hall
- 8:00-8:20 a.m.: Opening remarks by Headmaster Quinn in Ayer Memorial Chapel
- 8:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Advisors available to meet with parents
- 8:30 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.: Classes
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.: Class of 2018 Parents - College presentation and meetings
- 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.: Lunch in Caspersen Campus Center dining hall
- 1:30 p.m.: Athletic contests begin
- College Financial Aid 101. Associate Director of Student Financial Assistance, The College of New Jersey, Dionne Hallback together with The College office will present a short primer for 2018 parents about the myths and realities of financial aid and scholarships. They will talk about who should apply, what forms you need, what happens with early decision, and other issues related to the college financial aid process. Caspersen History House - CAH104 Efros Auditorium
- Meet with your child's College Counselor. College Counselors will be available to meet with parents throughout the morning. If you would like to meet with your child’s college counselor, please schedule an appointment before the weekend.