We're so happy you'll be spending the 2023-2024 school year at Peddie.
Whether you are a new Falcon or continuing your Peddie journey, it's bound to be a year full of promise and potential. Here is all of the information you'll need to start the new school year off strong; we'll continue to update this page throughout the spring and summer, so be sure to bookmark it.
My BackPack is a secure hub where community members can access the school directory, handbook, academic and billing information, link to the health portal and more. New parents will receive an email with log-in instructions for My BackPack. New students will receive their credentials by way of their parents' My BackPack accounts in early August.
From Convocation to Commencement, stay on top of the most important dates of the school year. Note: dates and times are subject to change throughout the year.
Packing for Peddie
This downloadable and printable guide is a great resource for boarding students who want to ensure they arrive prepared for residential life at Peddie. Categories include school supplies, clothing, cleaning supplies, furniture and more!
summer calendar: quick reference
- June 1: Schedule and complete your physical and upload forms to our healthcare portal via parents' My BackPack account.
- June 15: Summer reading and assignments posted.
- July 1: Letter summarizing course requests and placements sent to new students.
July 1: Due date for completion of all health requirements.
- July 15: Course requests finalized for new students.
- August 7: Fall academic schedules and book ordering information available for all students on My BackPack.
A note about student return dates: Students return on the earliest date for the groups they are part of.
- August 19: Varsity football preseason practice begins (invitation only).
- August 20: Varsity fall sports preseason practice begins (invitation only).
- August 26: Student Leaders return (Prefects, Student Council, Faculty/Student Senate, Disciplinary Committee, NEST, ISO).
- August 27: NEST Program (invitation only).
- August 29: New international students arrive.
- August 31: New boarding and day students arrive for move-in and orientation.
*Advisor assignments will come out via My BackPack in August.
- September 1: Orientation activities for all new boarding and day students.
- September 1: Move-in of all returning domestic and international boarding students.
- September 2: Blue and Gold Games for all boarding and day students.
- September 4: First day of classes.
Introductory Sessions for New Students and Families
COURSE SELECTION WEBINAR
Join in as members of our faculty discuss the different courses Peddie offers and their placement requirements. Hear from our associate head of school, our assistant head for strategic planning, our arts department chair and teachers from our math and science departments.
INTRODUCTION TO DORM LIFE
Our faculty live in the dorms, our day students stay on campus long after classes have ended and our boarding students come from all over the country and around the world. Learn about what it's like to live in our residential community from current students and faculty members.
NEW INTERNATIONAL STUDENT WEBINAR
Members of the student life and admission offices share what life is like as an international student at Peddie. This webinar session is designed to give you more information on the onboarding process at Peddie including travel logistics, health center information and move in week.
INTRODUCTION TO LIFE AT PEDDIE
Class deans and the director of residential life discuss important topics for life at Peddie including the advisory program, opening weeks at Peddie and life on campus for both day students and boarders.
LEADERSHIP AND ACTIVITIES AT PEDDIE
Listen in on a discussion with our student body co-presidents and our director of student activities & student leadership development as we focus on opportunities for leadership and fun at Peddie!
A DAY/WEEK/MONTH/YEAR IN THE LIFE OF A FALCON
Mr. Wood, Mrs. Loughran and Dr. Venanzi walk students and their families through the daily class schedule and important dates on the calendar. This webinar includes an opportunity for students to hear about methods others have used for success in time management throughout the year.