We are so happy you'll be spending the 2022-2023 school year at Peddie.
Whether you are a new Falcon or continuing your Peddie journey, it's bound to be a year full of promise and potential. Here is all of the information you'll need to start the new school year off strong; we'll continue to update this page throughout the spring and summer, so be sure to bookmark it.
My BackPack is a secure hub of information for the Peddie community. Log in to access the school directory, handbook, academic and billing information, link to the health portal and more. If you are experiencing problems logging in, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Families of newly enrolled students will receive log-in credentials and instructions for My BackPack.
Connect to My BackPack
Summer Calendar: Quick Reference
- May 5: Letter outlining course selection process posted to My BackPack for new students and parents.
- May 21: Online placement tests in mathematics and languages emailed to new students (see "General Academic Information" under "My Documents" in My BackPack.
- June: Schedule your physical and upload forms to our healthcare portal via My BackPack.
- June 15: Summer reading and assignments posted.
- July 1: Letter summarizing course requests and placements sent to new students.
- July 15: Course requests finalized for new students.
- August 5: Fall academic schedules and book ordering information available for all students on My BackPack.
A note about student return dates: Students return on the earliest date for the groups they are part of. (For example, if a new international student is attending preseason, they arrive on August 22.)
- August 22: Varsity fall preseason practice begins (invitation only).
- August 28-August 31: NEST Program (invitation only).
- August 29: ISO/Student leaders return.
- August 31: New international students arrive on campus.
- August 31-September 1: New international student orientation.
*Advisor assignments will come out via My BackPack in August.
- September 1: New domestic students arrive on campus.
- September 1-3: New student orientation including: Community activities, advisory activities, student gatherings, and other campus activities.
- September 2: All returning domestic and international students arrive on campus.
- September 3: Blue and Gold Games.
- September 5: First day of classes.
Boarding at Peddie? Here are some suggestions for what to bring to campus!
Introductory Sessions for New Students and Families
We warmly welcome our newest Falcons and their families! Head of School Peter Quinn and Associate Head of School Catherine Rodrigue will share what to expect in the summer ahead.
Welcome to Our Residential Community
Our faculty live in the dorms, our day students stay on campus long after classes have ended and our boarding students come from all over the country and around the world. Learn about our residential community from students, faculty and staff who are fully engaged in our community experience.
Getting Ready for Residential Life
In preparation for the upcoming school year, Dr. Sarah Venanzi, Director of Residential Life, discusses a variety of topics including the expectations of boarders and their parents, what to do to prepare for moving into campus this fall, and review what to look forward to as a boarding student on campus.
For New International Students
Newly enrolled international families get an introduction to supporting faculty and staff, review required forms in detail, discuss online family resources, move-in day and orientation week.
Meet the 9th and 10th Grade Deans
A conversation with Stef Graefe, the Freshman Class Dean, Jan Loughran, the Sophomore Class Dean, and Dr. Sarah Venanzi, the Director of Residential Life, which offers an overview of expectations and programming specific to the underclassmen, including orientation and advisory groupings.
Young Alumni Panel
Your connection with the Peddie community will go far beyond your years here as a student. Hear from recent alumni, who will offer reflections and insights into their experiences as Falcons, the life-long friendships they found, and how Peddie prepared them for college and beyond.