It is important that you order your books in time to receive them before school starts. Please allow for adequate shipping time when ordering books, so that you can have them in time for the first day of school. Summer school is only six weeks long and not having books only hurts your own performance. Students in credit courses will not be allowed to continue their course if they do not have the proper text and edition.
Books must be identified by the ISBN number. You may buy your textbooks from any provider, but the ISBN number must be exactly the same.
Textbooks will not be sold from the Summer School office. Each student is required to have their own textbook. Sharing of books during class time is not permitted. If the class you are taking does not have a textbook listed, your child will receive further information on the first day of class.
Along with their textbooks, students should bring a notebook and pencils on the first day of school and should be prepared to do work at the first class.
Special Instructions (please read before purchasing books)
- Math Problems I and Algebra Enrichment courses: Students will be assigned a level based on the results of their placement test. Students in these courses should not purchase textbooks until Dr. Martin has confirmed their placement.
- ILA 1 courses: Students will be assigned a level by Dr. Martin. Students in these courses should not purchase textbooks until Dr. Martin has confirmed their placement.
- Calculators: Each math teacher will provide information on which calculators can be used in their classes.
- Geometry Credit: Students should bring a compass, protractor and ruler to class.
- Geometry Honors Credit: Students will be assigned a worksheet to complete before classes begin. The completed worksheet should be brought to the first day of class.
- Math Credit and Honors Credit textbooks
- Math Enrichment Textbooks
- Science Textbooks
- English Books
- SAT Prep books
Math Honors Credit (150 hours)
- Geometry Honors Credit: Geometry by Jurgenson; McDougal Publisher; 2000 edition. ISBN 978 0395977279
- Algebra II Honors Credit: Algebra & Trigonometry by Swokowski; ITP; 13th edition, 2011. ISBN 9780840068521
- Precalculus Honors Credit: PreCalculus with Limits: A Graphing Approach by Larson; 6th edition, 2011. ISBN 9781111427641
Math Credit (120 hours)
- Algebra I Credit: Big Ideas Math: Algebra 1 Common Core Student Edition by Larson; Publisher Houghton Mifflin Harcourt; 2015 edition. ISBN 9781608408382
- Geometry Credit: Geometry by Larson; McDougall-Littell; 2004 edition. ISBN 9780618250226
- Algebra II Credit: Big Ideas Math: Algebra 2 Common Core Student Edition By Larson; 2015; Houghton Mifflin. ISBN 9781608408405
- PreCalculus Credit: PreCalculus with Limits: A Graphing Approach by Larson; 6th edition, 2011. ISBN 9781111427641
- Calculus AB Credit: Advanced Placement Calculus Graphical, numerical, algebraic; Fifth edition, 2016; Prentice Hall. ISBN: 978-013331161
Note: Students who signed up for Math Problems 1 will be assigned to either Math Problems 1 Part 1 (Advanced Arithmetic) or Math Problems I Part 2 (PreAlgebra) based on results of a placement test that will be sent by the school. Do not buy your textbook until Dr. Martin has discussed the results of your placement test with you.
- Math Problems 1, Part 1 (Advanced Arithmetic):
- Holt Mathematics, Course 1; Textbook Holt McDougal. ISBN 978 0030994289
- Holt Mathematics, Course 1; Homework and Practice Workbook. ISBN 978 0030782428
- Math Problems 1 Part 2 (PreAlgebra):
- PreAlgebra: A Transition to Algebra By Price Textbook; Glencoe Publisher, 1997 edition. ISBN 978 0028250311
- PreAlgebra: A Transition to Algebra By Price Workbook. ISBN 978 0028250410 (Also available from Summer School office)
Note: Students who signed up for Algebra I Enrichment will be assigned to either Algebra I Part 1 or Algebra I Part 2 based on results of a placement test that will be sent by the school. Do not buy your textbook until Dr. Martin has discussed the results of your placement test with you.
- Algebra I Part 1:
- Algebra I: Integrations by Collins Text; 2001 edition; Glencoe Publisher. ISBN 978 0078228940
- Algebra I: Integrations Workbook. ISBN 978 0028248585
- Algebra I Part 2: Algebra, Structure and Method Book I by Brown; Classic 2000 edition; McDougal-Littell Publisher. ISBN 978 0395977224
- Geometry: Geometry Common Core by Larson; McDougall-Littell Publisher; 2012 edition; ISBN 978 0547647142
- Algebra II: Big Ideas Math: Algebra 2 Common Core Student Edition by Larson; 2015; Houghton Mifflin. ISBN 9781608408405
- PreCalculus: PreCalculus with Limits: A Graphing Approach by Larson; 6th edition, 2011. ISBN 9781111427641
- Fundamentals of Science:
- Middle Grade Science 2011 Cells and Heredity Interactive Science. ISBN 9780133684896
- Middle Grade Science 2011 Forces and Energy Interactive Science. ISBN 9789133684803
- Biology Textbook by Miller and Levine; Prentice Hall Publisher; 2010 student edition ISBN 978 0133669510
- Biology Workbook A Grade 9/10; 2010 edition ISBN 978 0133687187
- Chemistry: Modern Chemistry 2011; Holt Rinehart and Winston publisher. ISBN 978 0547586632
- Holt Physics by Serway; Holt Publisher; 2002 edition ISBN 978 0030565441
- Review Worksheets/Study Guide ISBN 978 0030518690 (also available in Summer School Office)
Note: Students in ILA 1 will be assigned a level by Dr. Martin and should not purchase books until placement has been finalized.
- ILA 1 Part 1 (6):
- Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O’Dell; 2010 1st edition; Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. ISBN 978 0547 328614
- Rules by Lord; 2008; Scholastic Paperbacks. ISBN 9780439443838
- Hatchet by Gary Paulsen; 2006; Simon & Schuster. ISBN 9781416936473
- ILA 1 Part 2 (7):
- Lord of the Flies by William Golding; Penguin Classics; 1999. ISBN 9780140283334
- The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway; Benediction Classics, 2006. ISBN 9781781396810
- ILA 2 (8): To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. ISBN 9780446310789
- ILA 3:
- The Crucible by Arthur Miller; Penguin paperback. ISBN 9780142437339
- No Fear Shakespeare: Julius Caesar; Sparknotes paperback. ISBN 9781586638474
- Be a Better Writer! TBA
- ILA Enrichment AM: Lord of the Flies by William Golding; Penguin Classics, 1999. ISBN 9780140283334