Test Prep with Franklin Yard
Franklin Yard was founded on the idea that test prep should be genuine, empowering education.
We pride ourselves on creating pathways to success for each of our students, combining a deep knowledge of the testing process with an unwavering focus on the individual. Peddie Summer Day School is proud to be partnering with Franklin Yard to provide our families with the best in test prep.
“Sam and Josh both have been absolutely incredible teachers...the fun and enthusiastic energy they bring to each of the classes really made it something I'd look forward to.”
Our approach equips students with the resources, mindset and insight needed to reach their goals — backed by a team that will be there every step of the way.
Our expert instructors create an engaging and interactive learning environment where students have the freedom to be themselves, make mistakes and grow.
We've deconstructed every SAT and ACT to distill the most effective ways to tackle the tests with minimum stress and maximum results.
Addressing anxiety and self-doubt is just as important as teaching content. Our care for our students goes well beyond test scores.
Test Prep Fundamentals Bootcamp
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
In the Fundamentals Bootcamp, students will learn the essential skills and thinking patterns necessary to effectively navigate high-stakes standardized tests. Recommended for test prep novices.
- Reading comprehension for standardized tests: distilling main points, identifying passage structure, effective skimming and time management
- Flexible thinking, avoiding proscribed approaches in math and language.
- Math building blocks: core math concepts needed for higher order mathematical reasoning
Core Courses: SAT/ACT Language OR Math
2:00-4:00 p.m .
+Supervised work time: Tuesday 2:00-3:00 p.m.
+ Supervised work time: Thursday, 2:00-3:00 p.m.
In our Core Courses, students will develop the foundational knowledge needed to succeed on both the SAT and ACT, key strategies for standardized tests, and practice habits for effective score improvement. Suitable for any sophomores or juniors testing in the upcoming academic year.
- High-value content and unifying principles in standardized test math and reading/language
- "Thinking like the test-maker": identifying the unique aspects of standardized test structure and learning strategic approaches to exploit it
- Developing skillful error analysis, temping wrong answer analyses, and question categorization
- Effective data analysis and graph-reading in math, reading, and science
SAT or ACT Masterclasses
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
Our Masterclasses focus on advanced strategies and higher-level content for the SAT or ACT. Ideal for students with ambitious score goals and a strong foundation in math and reading.
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Hacking the hardest Math problems
- English question templates and answer cues
- Beating the clock: efficiency under pressure in Reading & Science
- SAM Method: exploiting question order in Reading
- Staying on track: relevance and logic in Reading & Writing
- SAT Math: ‘circumventing’ and other expert approaches
What You’ll Get
We’re not new to virtual teaching. Our online test prep approach is grounded in hands-on experience working with students and best practices in virtual learning. These classes encourage shared success, camaraderie and increased participation among students, resulting in boosted confidence and higher scores.
We consider the online medium a strength. Our classes allow our students to visualize and follow their expert tutor’s thought process in real time, helping to develop their own critical thinking and sharpen their test-taking skills.
“I truly had a great experience in this class, despite how unsure of it I was going in. I learned a lot of techniques and other useful information that I simply never would have been able to find if I chose only to study on my own.”