Summer Day School
Monday, June 25 - Friday, August 3, 2018
The Peddie Summer class experience has been an invaluable experience for my son, and has contributed to a marked boost in his overall confidence in academics as well as furthering his knowledge in math and language arts. He is delighted to have the opportunity to return to Peddie this summer.Hetty Waskin, Peddie Summer Day School parent
Online through Wednesday, June 20: Summer Day School will continue to accept online registrations until midnight on Wednesday, June 20
In person after June 20: After June 20, registrations will be accepted in person at the Summer School Office in Caspersen History House.
Currently, there are spaces available in ALL summer courses.
Summer Day School offers courses in mathematics, language arts (English and essay writing), high school sciences and SAT prep. Enrichment courses serve to prepare students for the coming school year, while credit and honors credit courses (offered for most mathematics courses) serve to advance students further along their academic pathway. All Summer Day School classes are capped at 16 students and taught by some of the finest teachers in the area, many of whom are long-term faculty of Peddie Summer Day School.
What to expect
- All classes are held on Peddie School campus, in Annenberg Hall, Caspersen History House and the Walter and Leonore Annenberg Science Center.
- Students must be dropped off in Peddie Athletic Center Parking lot (155 Etra Rd.); it is a 200 yard walk to the school buildings.
- Summer Day School runs from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. There are 4 periods every morning and one period in the afternoon. Students may attend all or part of each day, depending on when their class or classes are scheduled:
- 8:00-9:00 a.m. - First period
- 9:10-10:10 a.m. - Second period
- 10:20-11:20 a.m. - Third period
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Fourth period
- 12:30-1:10 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. - Fifth period*
- *Honors math fifth period runs from 1:15-2:15 p.m.
$250 is due for each course at registration. A registration is not complete until a deposit is paid. The deposit is non-refundable. Final payment for all courses is due in total on June 1. Refunds are not offered after June 1.
- Enrichment courses: $1,495
- Credit courses: $1,895
- Honors Credit courses: $2,295
- Discounts – to be taken during registration (added as an option):
- Returning Student – for any student who attended the Summer Day School in Summer 2017. $100 discount
- Sibling – can be added for the second child a family has registered for the summer day school. $100 discount
- Second course - can be added for any student taking two courses. $195 discount
- Registration opens January 1; all registrations must be completed online.
- No application is required; while there is no registration deadline, courses will be closed for registration as soon as they fill to capacity
- Read all course descriptions thoroughly.
- Check with current teachers and school district to ensure best course selection;
- then, contact us if you have further questions - email@example.com or 609-944-7570.
- Deposit ($250 per course) is required to ensure space is secured. A registration is not complete until a deposit has been paid with your credit card. If you have not paid the deposit, you do not have a place in the class. Deposit counts toward course tuition; The deposit is non-refundable. Final payment for all courses is due in total on June 1. Refunds are not offered after June 1.The registration system will offer you three options for payment:
- Pay in full
- Pay deposit at time of registration; credit card will be automatically charged the balance on June 1
- Pay deposit now; credit card will be automatically charged half of the balance on May 1 and the other half on June 1.