Tuition and Affordability
Coming together to welcome students to Peddie — no matter their financial means — is our highest priority and is at the heart of the Peddie experience.
At Peddie, we want extraordinary students to have extraordinary opportunities. Our commitment to access and affordability ensures that our community is full of great students from every economic background.
A Peddie education is an investment in a student’s future – and we are your partners in that investment every step of the way. That partnership extends in and outside of the classroom, and begins during the admission process.
Just as our students receive one-on-one encouragement and guidance from our faculty, Peddie’s admission team will help you navigate your next steps toward financial assistance. You will receive individualized guidance from dedicated admission officers during the entire process. If you believe that you may need financial assistance to afford Peddie, we encourage you to apply. You may not know where to begin. You may just have a few questions. Either way, we’re here to support you.
With an endowment in the top ten among all boarding schools in America, the donations from thousands of generous alumni and friends help students across a variety of income levels to afford Peddie.
This year, we allocated $9.8 million in financial assistance to families. Among students receiving financial assistance, grants cover an average of 70% of their tuition; these grants are on average $50,000 per student.
Each student is assessed a $1,390 student services fee annually. Families should anticipate additional expenses for items such as travel, books/supplies, fees related to extracurricular activities, health center charges (if applicable) and personal items.
A Peddie education goes far beyond the classroom, so immersing yourself in Peddie is about more than the ability to pay tuition. Whatever a family’s contribution to their tuition is, the following additional expenses are covered at no additional cost for all Peddie students…
- A powerful laptop with all the software you need for everyday schoolwork and your next big creative project (plus dedicated tech support).
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner prepared by our talented Peddie Food Services team.
- Saturday night fun, like trips to the movie theater or on-campus activities where the only thing you have to bring is yourself.
- Incredible opportunities to support your health and wellness, including a health center that’s open 24/7 and a full time strength and conditioning coach who creates personalized fitness plans for Peddie students.
- Trips to museums, Broadway shows, concerts and much, much more in New York City, Philadelphia and beyond.
- A team of college counselors who educate and empower you in your college search – and bring college representatives directly to you.
Peddie parent Becky Richardson had always planned on her children living at home when they attended high school. But then this happened.
Peddie’s ability to move quickly to online learning in the face of a global health crisis is a sign of our community’s innovation, and our faculty’s extraordinary skills and commitment. Some of these remarkable faculty are profiled here.
Headmaster Peter Quinn shares feedback from students and alumni.
During Valentines week, we pull from the archives this timeless piece by science teacher Shani Peretz Ph.D. written about one of her greatest loves: teaching.