Video: An introduction to the Hensle Health Center
We encourage students to take that moment to slow down and prioritize the self, which allows one to refresh and begin anew, be more productive, think more clearly and be in a better position to give back to others.” Karen Jimenez, Ph.D., Director of Counseling
A full-time physician and a team of registered nurses provide care to students when illness or injuries occur. Two full-time psychologists offer intervention and support when needed, and the office of academic support helps students work to their potential.
Hensle Health Center
- Full-time physician in residence
- 24 hour, 7 day staff of registered nurses
- 2 exam rooms
- Eight beds for observation and overnight stays as needed
- Medication dispensary
- Baseline IMPACT testing for all students and concussion management
- Collaboration with athletic trainers
- Two full-time psychologists in residence
- Community-wide educational and preventive care programming
- Intervention and support services
- Referrals to and consults with private licensed professionals as needed
- Coordination of care with advisors, deans, academic support and dorm supervisors
- Under direction of Dr. Goodman; ongoing collaboration and communication with Health Center
- Director and full-time academic support counselor work with students having academic difficulty for any reason
- Collaboration with student in concert with teachers, advisor and family.
- Faculty support in development of alternative teaching strategies
- Tutoring in areas of time management, study skills/habits and self-advocacy
- Additional support: Math Clinic (faculty-staffed), Writing Center (student-mentored) and extra help (faculty hold daily conference periods.