In a dramatic conclusion to a spirited day of competitions, Peddie boys’ varsity soccer defeated Blair 3-1 to clinch a tie in the Potter-Kelley Cup standings. Just moments before, football celebrated a 21-14 victory over the Bucs, its third straight win in the series dating back to 1903.
As the sun faded on Hampshire Field, Headmaster Peter Quinn and host Head of School Christopher Fortunato agreed to share the Cup until the games return to Hightstown next November.
Each school won six, lost six with boys’ junior varsity soccer ending in a 0-0 stalemate.
The Falcons enjoy a 19-8 advantage in the series since its inaugural year in 1988. This year marks the fourth tie.
The Kelley-Potter Cup is named in honor of James R. Kelley, retired headmaster of Blair and the late F. Edward Potter Jr., former headmaster of Peddie and represents the highest ideals of fair play and sportsmanship.
- JV tennis: Peddie 3, Blair 2
- Varsity tennis: Peddie 4, Blair 3
- Boys’ varsity soccer: Peddie 3, Blair 1
- Boys’ JV soccer: Peddie 0, Blair 0
- Thirds soccer: Peddie 1, Blair 0
- Girls’ varsity soccer: Peddie 0, Blair 2
- Girls’ JV soccer: Peddie 0, Blair 1
- Varsity Field Hockey: Peddie 0, Blair 6
- JV Field Hockey: Peddie 1, Blair 3
- Boys’ Cross Country: Peddie 21, Blair 38
- Girls’ Cross Country: Peddie 35, Blair 22
- Varsity football: Peddie 21, Blair 14
- JV Football: Peddie 18, Blair 20