Peddie Food Service seeks a full-time Garde Manger for its dining hall. Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Garde Manger is responsible for preparing menu items according to the daily menu. Must be available to work evenings and weekends.
Essential Job Functions:
- Prepare salads, appetizers, dressings, cold sauces and dips, relishes and fruits for daily consumption.
- Ensure variety through rotation and creativity.
- Ability to self-motivate and manage time efficiently.
- Responsible for reviewing menus and ensuring availability of stock through communication with the Executive Chef.
- Must keep work areas clean and sanitized.
- Able to maintain and execute production performance in the absence of management.
- Must have the knowledge and ability to cover any kitchen position and fill in when needed.
- Report wasted products to the Executive Chef.
- Responsible for rotation of product using FIFO.
- Responsible for food production control, working within budgetary restrictions.
- Utilize excess food products in a timely fashion to avoid waste.
- Ability to prepare protein salads, salads for Family-Style meals, create garnishes and assist with cold canapés when needed.
- Complete any assigned task given by the management team.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent with three years of relevant experience.
- Knife skills and knowledge of food service equipment.
- Ability to lift between 20-30 pounds without handles.
- Ability to carry objects weighing approximately 10-50 pounds with assistance and reach overhead to retrieve an object weighing as much as 25 pounds.
- Ability to bend as much as 20 times per day.
- Must be able to stand/walk continuously throughout the day on a tile floor in the bar area in a warm and cold environment.
- Ability to clearly give and understand directions.
- Must be able to withstand environmental conditions such as extremes in temperature (e.g., warm kitchen areas or cool/freezing areas) and exposure to chemicals (e.g., cleaning solvents).
- Possess good social skills with the ability to interact with all clientele in a professional manner.
- Must report to work in and maintain a clean uniform and hair wear.
- Must keep a professional appearance throughout shift.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to Robin Wojcik at firstname.lastname@example.org.