The Peddie School’s Hensle Health Center is seeking a full-time school nurse to provide comprehensive health services to our diverse student body at night. Candidates should be highly motivated, possess excellent interpersonal skills and perform independently. The full-time nurse would be scheduled for no more than three, 12-hour shifts per week. The school nurse is expected to adhere to established policies and procedures to provide patient care based on standards of professional nursing practice. Candidates should demonstrate knowledge of the nursing process including assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation. Candidates should also possess the knowledge, skills and attributes necessary to meet the physical, psychological, and social needs of adolescent patients.
- Collect and document health status data through interviews, physical assessments, observation and review of records.
- Assess psychosocial, emotional, cultural, environmental and behavioral factors of an adolescent patient base
- Care and manage students seen as inpatient, outpatient and emergent care
- Practice universal precautions and infection control techniques
- Administer medication per physician order and dispensing policy
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and department information
- Participate in health education and disease prevention programs
- Complete daily reports and calendars, preparing charts and checking equipment
- Restock dispensary, exam room and supplies
- Attend staff meetings and participating in quality assurance activities
- Other duties as assigned
Current New Jersey RN license or LPN currently enrolled in an RN program; BLS CPR certification; New Jersey Criminal Background Check; graduate of accredited school of nursing with experience in adolescent medicine, BSN preferred; ambulatory care or triage experience and computer skills a plus.
Please forward all applications (cover letter and resume) to Aimee Goodman, D.O., Director of Health Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org