The Peddie School invites applications, nominations, and inquiries as it embarks upon a search for a Controller.
Reporting to the Assistant Head for Finance and Operations, the Controller is responsible for overseeing and directing the School’s day-to-day accounting, budget implementation, and external financial reporting. The Peddie School is obliged to exercise responsible stewardship of the exceptional resources that it has accumulated over the years. The Controller assists the administration in ensuring the prudent use of those resources through the implementation of the approved budget and reporting on the results.
The Controller will be an instrumental partner in addressing the following key opportunities and challenges:
- Serve as a strategic business partner within Peddie’s Business Office, and, through collaboration with school leadership, make important contributions through interpreting information and supporting decision-making activities.
- Play a key role in ensuring long-term financial sustainability for Peddie by preserving the value of the endowment to assure future generations of Peddie students inherit intergenerational equity at a minimum.
- Partner with school leadership in improvement of business processes and practices for continued growth of the Business Office.
- A strong background in financial systems and modeling, business services, accounting principles, and computerized accounting systems.
- A track record of effective financial and business management.
- Proven financial modeling and forecasting skills.
- Knowledge and experience in setting up effective financial controls.
- Proven managerial, organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with all levels of the school community – administration, faculty, staff, students, Board, alumni, and friends of the School.
- An open and collaborative management style characteristic of a team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- A high level of integrity and an extraordinary work ethic.
- A strong commitment to education and the importance of the learning process.
- Ability to hire, develop, motivate and lead new talent and manage a high-quality staff.
- A positive outlook, proactive orientation and sense of humor.
- Experience in an independent secondary school, college or university setting preferred, though individuals with strong financial and leadership skills in a related field are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree required, plus a range of experience and/or further study in relevant fields. M.B.A. and/or a master’s degree in a related field preferred.
View the complete position profile.
Applications and nominations:
Evaluation of candidate materials will begin immediately and continue until a new Controller is named. Inquiries, nominations, and letters of interest with a resume may be sent in confidence to PeddieController@storbecksearch.com