Peddie School’s Hensle Health Center is seeking a part-time school nurse to provide comprehensive health services to our diverse student body. Candidate should be highly motivated, possess excellent interpersonal skills, and perform independently. A part-time nurse will be scheduled for no more than two-12 hour shifts per week; shifts will be rotating.
The school nurse is expected to adhere to established policies and procedures to provide patient care based on standards of professional nursing practice. Candidate should demonstrate knowledge of the nursing process including assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation. Candidate should also possess the knowledge, skills, and attributes necessary to meet the physical, psychological, and social needs of (primarily) adolescent patients
- Collecting and documenting health status data through interviews, physical assessments, observation, and review of records
- Assessing psychosocial, emotional, cultural, environmental and behavioral factors of a primarily adolescent patient base
- Care and management of students seen as inpatient, outpatient, and emergent care
- Practicing universal precautions and infection control techniques
- Administering medication per physician order and dispensing policy
- Maintaining confidentiality of patient and department information
- Participating in health education and disease prevention programs
- Completing daily reports and calendars, preparing charts and checking equipment
- Restocking dispensary, exam room, and supplies
- Attending staff meetings and participating in quality assurance activities
Requirements: Current New Jersey RN license; CPR certification; experience with Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs); New Jersey Criminal Background Check; graduate of accredited school of nursing with experience in adolescent medicine, BSN preferred; ambulatory care or Triage experience; computer skills.
Please forward all applications (cover letter and resume) to Director of Health Services, Dr. John Drstvensek at firstname.lastname@example.org.