Reporting to the Director of Prospect Management & Research, the Assistant Director will assist in producing, updating, and tracking donor/prospect research reports and briefing materials. Areas of responsibilities include conducting research, using data analytics tools, maintaining Raiser’s Edge database, and offering proactive support to Gift Officers. The position serves a critical role in the office in three keys areas: prospect research, prospect management and prospect identification.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Conducting research, both proactive and reactive, on individual donors and prospects;
- Compiling and writing accurate, confidential detailed reports on donors and prospects;
- Preparing briefing materials for the Headmaster, Assistant Head, and Gift Officers for events and individual appointments;
- Assisting with tracking and reporting on activity with our constituent and prospect pools;
- Supporting leadership in achieving fundraising initiatives by assisting in the proactive identification and qualification of major gift, leadership and gift planning prospects needed for campaigns and special projects;
- Uncovering new potential major gift prospects for the campaign;
- Keeping gift officers informed and alerted regarding new information about the gift capacity and funding interests of top prospects and potential prospects;
- Maintaining accuracy and integrity of records for assigned prospects;
- Maintaining supportive and productive relationships with all Development staff;
- Supporting the Director of Prospect Management & Research by performing all other duties assigned.
Skills and Experience The ideal candidate will:
- Bring one to three years of experience in development required, preferably in a secondary school or college environment;
- Demonstrate knowledge of database programs, word processing and spreadsheets; experience with The Raiser’s Edge and Crystal Reports preferred;
- Possess strong organizational skills with proven ability to plan, coordinate and implement multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines;
- Possess superior analytic skills allowing for the interpretation and analysis of various forms of data;
- Experience in current proactive prospecting methodologies to identify potential major and leadership gift donors, including proficiency in use of electronic research tools and techniques;
- Be a self-starter with curiosity and have the ability to multi-task;
- Work independently, and be able to work collaboratively with gift officers and Development team members;
- Communicate thoroughly, accurately, and concisely, both verbally and in writing;
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor and demonstrate credibility, integrity and confidentiality;
Bachelor’s degree required. Salary commensurate with experience. Send cover letter, salary requirements, and resume to: Julia Meneghin, Director of Prospect Management & Research, Peddie School, 201 S. Main Street, Hightstown, NJ 08520; firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.