Summer Day School
Course offeringsStudents may choose from enrichment courses in a variety of subjects to prepare for the rigors of their next academic year. They may instead dive fully into a credit or honors credit math course to move further along toward fulfilling their academic goals.
- Courses in mathematics, language arts (English and essay writing), high school sciences and SAT prep.
- The majority of courses are for enrichment, serving to prepare students for the coming school year.
- Credit and honors credit courses offered in most mathematics courses.
- Classes are capped at 16 students and taught by some of the finest teachers in the area, many of whom are long-term faculty of Peddie Summer Day School.
What to expect
- All classes are held on Peddie School campus, in Annenberg Hall, Caspersen History House and the Walter and Leonore Annenberg Science Center.
- Students must be dropped off in Peddie Athletic Center Parking lot (155 Etra Rd.); it is a 200 yard walk to the school buildings.
- Summer Day School runs from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. There are 4 periods every morning and one period in the afternoon. Students may attend all or part of each day, depending on when their class or classes are scheduled:
- 8:00-9:00 a.m. - First period
- 9:10-10:10 a.m. - Second period
- 10:20-11:20 a.m. - Third period
- 11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. - Fourth period
- 12:30-1:10 p.m. - Lunch
- 1:00-3:00 p.m. - Fifth period*
- *Honors math fifth period runs from 1:15-2:15 p.m.
- Registration opens January 1; all registrations must be completed online.
- No application is required; while there is no registration deadline, courses will be closed for registration as soon as they fill to capacity
- A registration is not complete until a deposit has been paid with your credit card. If you have not paid the deposit, you do not have a place in the class.
- Read all course descriptions thoroughly.
- Check with current teachers and school district to ensure best course selection;
- then, contact us if you have further questions - firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-944-7570.
- Deposit ($300 per course) is required to ensure space is secured. Deposit counts toward course tuition; $150 of each deposit is non-refundable. Full payment is due June 1, 2017. The registration system will offer you three options for payment.
option 2 = pay deposit at time of registration; credit card will be automatically charged the balance on June 1
option 3 = pay deposit now; credit card will be automatically charged the 1/2 the balance on May 1 and the other half of the balance on June 1.
The Peddie Summer class experience has been an invaluable experience for my son, and has contributed to a marked boost in his overall confidence in academics as well as furthering his knowledge in math and language arts. He is delighted to have the opportunity to return to Peddie this summer.
- Hetty Waskin, Peddie Summer Day School parent
For questions or more information, contact:
Director of External Programs
Phone - 609.944.7570
Fax - 609.944.7911