The path to a fulfilling and happy life requires the steady practice of enduring values:
• RESPECT - esteem and appreciation for oneself, for others, and for the diversity of opinions and backgrounds at Peddie and in the larger community;
• HONESTY - devotion to truth, sincerity in action, and a commitment to integrity and honor;
• SCHOLARSHIP - intellectual curiosity, ownership of learning, and a secure foundation in the academic disciplines;
• BALANCE - attention to mind, body, and spirit; time for work and play; a mix of mastery and experiment in academic, athletic, artistic and community pursuits;
• COURAGE - the resilience to learn from error, the grace to receive and give help, the strength to develop an open mind, the resolve to make difficult decisions, and the confidence to become enlightened and compassionate adults.