Peddie School seeks a cold prep cook for its full-service dining hall. Reporting to the chef, the cold prep cook is responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel.
- Preparing daily production list
- Ensuring all stations remained stocked before and during meal period
- Ability to follow all recipes and portions servings
- Keeping kitchen, dish and storage areas clean and organized
- Placing food and supply orders as directed
- Receiving product; verifying invoice and freshness of merchandise
- Exemplifying professional customer service and workplace practices
Qualified candidates possess college or culinary training and/or extensive cooking and production experience along with a minimum of two years working in a food preparation position, and two years in management.
Other qualifications include
- Food and beverage knowledge
- Commitment to quality service
- Knowledge of basic training techniques
- Familiarity with local, state and federal health and sanitation laws
- Understanding of proper use and maintenance of major kitchen equipment including stoves, refrigeration, slicers, knives and dish machine
Peddie School, located in central New Jersey, is a coed boarding and day school of 550 students in grades and post-graduate.
Please forward all applications (cover letter and resume) to Robin Wojcik at firstname.lastname@example.org