Information for Families
Peddie School uses School and Student Services (SSS) to process our financial aid applications. SSS is a service of the National Association of Independent Schools. Completing the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) online ensures that your information will be delivered accurately and quickly to our school, allowing us to make a better informed decision about your eligibility for financial aid. Paper applications are slower, less accurate, and more expensive. To complete your financial aid application for the coming enrollment year, follow these steps.
1. Starting on November 2, 2015, go to sss.nais.org
. Click on the prompt to begin your Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). Each parent/family/household must
complete the PFS (Peddie’s school code is 5716). You will be given a username (your email address) and password that will allow you to return to your PFS at a later date before submitting it. Your information will be secure. We encourage you to print and retain a copy for you own records.
2. In addition to the PFS, we require that you submit the following documents to SSS electronically
to complete your financial aid application. Use an SSS cover sheet (available at sss.nais.org
) and your PFS number from your online PFS account w/ ALL correspondence sent to SSS (include child’s name on all sheets):
- Signed federal tax return with all schedules/statement
- 2014 and 2015 W-2 forms from all working parents (or IRS Form 1099 if self-employed). Tax documentation for trusts, partnerships, and corporations is also required (Form 1041, IRS Schedule K-1, Form 1065, Form 1120, or Form 1120S). If applicable, send documentation for miscellaneous income (Social Security, welfare, unemployment, etc).
- Signed copy of IRS form 4506-T (do not fill in date and do not include fee)
3. We understand that some employers do not mail 2015 W-2 forms until the end of January. If this is the case, please submit all other financial aid application materials by the January 15 deadline, then send along the W-2 forms no later than February 15, 2016.
4. Fee waivers for the PFS may be available for families who meet certain low-income guidelines—please contact the Admission Office at (609) 944-7501 for more information.
Please notify Peddie’s Admission Office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you make any subsequent revisions to your initial PFS application.
Returning Peddie families: If you submitted 2014 tax info to SSS already, you DO NOT have to do so again. Please email email@example.com once all the FA information you have submitted to SSS has been posted.
International applicants applying for financial aid must also complete Peddie’s International Student Financial Aid Form. To request this form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about the PFS online call SSS at (800) 344-8328 or visit sss.nais.org
Each parent/family/household, regardless of custodial arrangements is required to complete a Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) by January 15. Applications completed after this deadline cannot be guaranteed consideration.